ACTIVE INGREDIENT DESCRIPTIONS
The AstaREALA® Advantage
AstaREALA®, the key ingredient in Eve Pearl's CosmeNutrientsTM, is the most recognized brand of Astaxanthin. AstaRealA® is not only a coloring agent; it is also a very potent anti-oxidant.
- AstaREAL is naturally harvested from the micro algae Haematococcus pluvial in a single cell plant at the very beginning of the food chain.
- AstaREAL is an all natural carotenoid pigment and provides the strongest natural antioxidant protection against lipid peroxidation* and singlet oxygen**.
- 1000 times stronger than vitamin E for lipid peroxidation
- 550 times stronger than vitamin E and 40 times stronger beta-carotene for singlet oxygen quenching.
- AstaREAL provides support for skin at the cellular level.
- AstaREAL helps to improve skin naturally.... no harsh chemicals .... no dangerous procedures.
- AstaREAL helps to fight the effects of the aging process.
- AstaREAL has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce burn levels after UVB exposure.
- AstaREAL contributes to the reduction of hyper-pigmentation.
- AstaREAL protects body tissue from oxidation.
- AstaREAL has more than 35 research studies supporting several human benefits.
- AstaREAL has 29 safety and toxicity studies supporting safety of the product.
- AstaREAL is cultivated and produced in state of the art patented bio-systems in both Hawaii and Sweden.
* Lipid peroxidation refers to the oxidative degradation of lipids. It is the process whereby free radicals "steal" electrons from the lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage. This process proceeds by a free radical chain reaction mechanism. It most often affects polyunsaturated fatty acids, because they contain multiple double bonds in between which lie methylene -CH2- groups that possess especially reactive hydrogens
** Singlet oxygen is the common name used for the two metastable states of molecular oxygen (O2)
For more than ten years, astaxanthin's role in enhancing the immune system and preventing oxidative stress has been the subject of international research both in universities and commercial enterprises. There are more than 300 publications and patents regarding astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin was found to have a significant beneficial effect in many health conditions related to:
- Central nervous system and Neurodegradative diseases
- Eye health
- Joint health
- Muscle endurance
- Heart, Diabetic
- Sunburn and skin health
- Inflammation and Immune system
- Contains the variety of Aloe proven most effective in treating dry skin.
- This Aloe is even used in hospital burn units for its exceptional healing properties.
- Jojoba oil is 100% pure magic and is one of the oils that have the best affinity to human skin, and is a moisturizer par excellence and can be used on extra-dry and flaky skin to help restore elasticity and smoothness.
- All forms of vitamin E possess antioxidant activity. However, the only forms maintained in human plasma and tissue are the 2R-alpha forms, including the natural RRR-alpha-tocopherol, commonly known as d-alpha-tocopherol.
- Vitamin E is the principal antioxidant of the lipid domains of the body, such as cellular membranes. It is a chain-breaking antioxidant that prevents the propagation of free radical activities.
- It is a peroxyl radical scavenger and especially protects the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) within membrane phospholipids and in plasma lipoproteins (LDL) against oxidation. The hydroxyl group of the chromanol ring reacts with an organic peroxyl radical to form the corresponding organic hydroperoxide and the tocopheroxyl radical.
- The tocopheroxyl radical is the pro-oxidant form of vitamin E and is thought to be regenerated to the antioxidant form by a network of other antioxidants, including vitamin C and glutathione. Vitamin E, widely recognized for its antioxidant activities, appears to be protective against cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer in some individuals.
- It has demonstrated immune-enhancing effects.
- It may be of limited benefit in some with asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. It may also help protect skin from ultraviolet irradiation.
Clinical Studies on Astaxanthin
- Clinical studies provided by Fuji Health Science.
New Item (Set of Two)